Deadline for Open Submissions Extended till Midnight on Tuseday 11 October!
VAS’s Open Submission exhibition offers the distinct opportunity for emerging and established contemporary artists, designers and craft makers, members and non-members to showcase new and unseen work in Scotland’s flagship exhibiting venue. Diversity is at the heart of our curatorial vision; we want to explore, challenge and celebrate the boundaries between function, form, materials, embellishment and making. When ideas, skills, expression, and planning are all working and artists are flying, their work has wings and transcends fashion and genres. We intend to harness the very best for our December 2016 annual exhibition. Apply through the open submission to be eligible for the following awards:
- The Great Art Award £ 1000 in vouchers to spend at www.greatart.co.uk
- Inches Carr Award for Jewellery and Silversmithing £ 500 (open to all jewellers and silversmiths)
- The Craft Scotland Award for outstanding design and craftsmanship £ 500, to be awarded to a ceramicist in 2016
- Richard Coley Award for Sculpture £ 500 (open to sculptors over the age of 40)
- Flora Wood Award £ 250, for the most original work in the exhibition
- Morton Fraser Award £ 250
- The Stern Prize for Figurature £ 250
- Open Eye Gallery Award £ 200
- Sally Schofield Memorial Award £ 200 (open to all photographers and printmakers)
- Leith School of Art Award £ 100
- Powderhall Bronze Foundry Award for Sculpture £ 100
- Anne Redpath Award for Painting £ 50 (open to all painters)
- Lily MacDougal Award £ 50
- Nancy Graham Memorial Book Award £ 30 (open to all VAS members)
- Scottish Arts Club Award, two years’ membership of the club and a solo exhibition
We are accepting entries NOW and the deadline is 10 October 2016 at 5pm.
Here are some important dates for your diary...
- Submissions open Tues 13 September 2016
- Deadline for submissions extended until Tuesday 11 October 2016 @ midnight
- Hand in Sat 26 November 2016
- Open to public Sat 3 Dec – Tues 27 Dec 2016
- Hand out Weds 28 December & Thurs 29 December 2016