Working across a range of mediums of video, photography, sculpture and text; I like to experiment with materials I find, manipulating and changing them to create thought provoking sculptures, presenting reality; whilst attempting to stimulate a mixture of senses and emotions, evoking a psychological and physiological response.
Having lived and worked in the outdoors for many years, I now find that living in a city has had a profound effect on the work I am producing; the people that live here, it’s social history and architecture. Often working intuitively, drawing inspiration from past experiences and the environment that surrounds me, I try to convey my response; by creating something which combines elements of nature, history and archetypal forms, I am often attempting to create work which stimulates a feeling as well as trigger an array of associations in the mind of the viewer.
When working with materials it is as much about the process and physical task of making, as it is about the physicality of the object itself; the weight, feel and presence. Also, how they interact in space, how their meaning may change when installed in different combinations and how the material itself can have a bodily resonance creating an experience for the viewer.
• May 2019 BA (Hons) 2:1 Fine Art - Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design
• May 2019 Shortlisted artist VAS graduate showcase
• July 2019 Glasgow Gallery of Photography - International Photography Exhibition
• May 2019 Alchemy Film Festival (Hawick)
• April 2019 ‘3 Minute Migrations’ - moving image collaboration between University of Victoria (Canada) and DJCAD (Dundee)