Elise Ashby is a visual artist based in Leith. Her work includes drawing, painting and printmaking with a recent focus on woodcuts of urban landscapes. Having previously completed a masters in Art, Aesthetics & Cultural Institutions at the University of Liverpool in 2014 since September last year she has been studying at Leith School of Art. Bringing together Philosophy & Art, her work explores how we navigate and experience our environment.
- Shortlisted for the Derwent Drawing Prize 2016
- Longlisted for C-Art Cumbrian Young Artist of the Year 2016
- Studied Drawing and Figurative Art at Leith School of Art 2016-17
- Received the Figurative Art Prize at Leith School of Art in 2017
- Exhibited as part of the Group Show 'Along these Lines' at Coburg House in 2017
- Studying Printmaking at Leith School of Art 2017-18