I am an artist living and working in Edinburgh, Scotland. My primary medium is sculpture but my practise is somewhat eclectic, encompassing artists books, print making, video, sound and photography. I work with a range of materials apposite to realising the form and its intended location. The visual, tactile and presence of the material is an important part of my work.
Edinburgh University - Edinburgh College of Art
BA (Hons): Sculpture 2018
Leith School of Art
Certificate in Contemporary Art Practice – 2015
Diploma in Foundation Studies (Art and Design) with Distinction - June 2013
Elected Professional Artist Member of the Society of Scottish Artists
Ramsey Cornish Prize (Spent, 2018), Society of Scottish Artists.
Richard Coley Award for Sculpture (Strike 2017), Visual Arts Scotland and Society of Scottish Artists.
Astaire Art Prize, Shortlisted.
Commission for the Chancellor’s Medal (The Gift, 2017), University of Edinburgh.
• Caught (2018), Society of Scottish Artists Open 2018, Royal Scottish Academy, Edinburgh.
• Strike(2017), Open 2018, SSA + VAS Together. Royal Scottish Academy, Edinburgh, 28 January - 8 March 2018.
• Lost and Found(2018). Talbot Rice Gallery, Edinburgh, 11 January 2018. Group Show, Terror and Beauty, a response to John Akomfrah's Vertigo Sea.
• Pathways, Glass installation. Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh, John Hope Gateway, 24 April – 23 May 2017.
• Homage, Glass Installation. Collaborative work. Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh, John Hope Gateway, 24 April – 23 May 2017.
• Exhibition of Proposed Work for the Principal’s Medal and Chancellor’s Award. University of Edinburgh, Old Collage, Reception Room, 28 March 2017.
• Exhibition of works proposed for Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh, After The Storm Exhibition. Edinburgh College of Art, Sculpture Court,18 - 25 March 2017.
• The Discus Thrower, Artists Book. Society of Scottish Artists exhibition in The Royal Scottish Academy, 31 Oct – 24 Nov, 2016.
• Diaries 2015, Leith School of Art, St James Church Hall.
• White on Black, Marble Sculpture. The Royal Scottish Academy Open Exhibition 2014.