Jeff Zimmer trained in theatre in his hometown, Washington, DC, before moving to Scotland.
His work consists of enamelled 3D paintings on layers of glass, illuminated in custom lightboxes. His work explores the sensuality of mystery, ambiguity and light, and often centers around themes such as moral choices in imperfect worlds, and mortality.
Originally from Washington, DC, Jeff moved to Scotland in 2004 to study glass painting at Edinburgh College of Art.
* Victoria & Albert Museum, UK
* The European Museum for Modern Glass, DE
* Glasmuseet Ebeltoft, DK
* Glasmuseum Frauenau, DE
* Second Prize, Coburg Prize for Contemporary Glass, 2014
* Fellow, Creative Glass Center of America, 2016
* Stephen Procter Fellowship, Australian National University, 2014
* University of Edinburgh, Centre for Open Learning
* Pilchuck Glass School, US
* North Lands Creative Glass, UK
* Bild Werk Frauenau, DE
* Berlin Glas, DE
* National Sculpture Centre, IR
* Dock Gallery (Rotterdam)http://www.dockgallery.com/artists/jeff-zimmer/
* Habatat Galleries (US) http://www.habatat.com/artist/136-jeff-zimmer