The Glasgow Arts Club
VAS Professional Members Exhibition
185 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4HU
2 – 28July 2012
We are delighted to have been invited by The Glasgow Art Club to stage an exhibition of professional members work in their gallery and billiards room. Founded in 1867 and residing in two adjacent mid 19th century town houses designed with the help of a young draughtsman named Charles Rennie Mackintosh. The Glasgow Art Club is full of stunning original features creating an ideal setting for a selling exhibition of paintings, prints, sculpture and more. The exhibition will run from Saturday 2nd – Saturday 28th July 2012.
Information for Professional Members
Members are invited to submit one work each not exceeding 120cm in any direction. Sculptures can also be accommodated but artists are asked to provide an appropriate plinth for the display of any 3D work. There will be no selection process and we will endeavour to hang all submitted works if at all possible subject to space. All hung works will be subject to a £10 administration and hanging fee to cover the costs of staging the exhibition. Commission of 40% will be taken on sales, with 30% of that figure going to the Arts Club and 10% to VAS.
- Artists wishing to submit work are asked to provide details of their work using the form below no later than Monday 18th June to allow us to compile a catalogue list before the opening of the exhibition. Please complete and return the attached form to the VAS administrator by return email (preferred) or to 12 Rosevale Place, Edinburgh, EH6 8AP.
- Please include a good quality image of your work for press and publicity use if you have one. (Not compulsory)
- Edinburgh – Sunday 24th June, WASPS Patriothall, 1pm – 4pm.
- Glasgow – Tuesday 26th June, 1pm – 4pm, The Glasgow Art Club.
- Please attach a permanent label to the back of your work with your name, address and phone number and the title and price of the artwork. These details should correspond with the details on your submission form.
- The administration fee of £10 if payable by cash or cheque on the hand in day.
- Glasgow – Monday 30th July, The Glasgow Art Club, 11.30am – 5.30pm. (please note any works remaining at the end of this day will be returned to the Edinburgh collection point and must then be collected from there on the date below).
- Edinburgh – Tuesday 31st July, 1.30pm – 5.30pm.