ESSA Fundraising Auction 2012
Lyon & Turnbull, 33 Broughton Place Edinburgh EH1 3RR
Friday 6th July 10-5pm
Sat 7th July 12-3pm
Sun 8th July 12-3pm
Monday 9th July 10-6pm
Our next fundraising event is the ESSA Art Auction, our bi-annual silent auction, which will be held again in the prestigious Lyon and Turnbull Auction House. We thank them for their generous support to ESSA, and thus to all three Societies. Works by professional members of the three societies and by a selection of invited artists will be available for viewing and silent bidding from Friday 6th – Monday 9th July. The catalogue will be online to view for two weeks before the auction. Full details of when and how to bid will be posted on the VAS and ESSA websites in due course.
Information for Professional Members
Professional members of SSA, VAS and RSW are invited to submit works to the fourth Societies’ Auction of Fine Art. ESSA is working once again on behalf of the three societies to secure the rental fee of £30,000 payable annually to the National Galleries of Scotland for the Annual Exhibitions. As last time, we will occupy the upper gallery on the balcony overlooking the main saleroom. Works in all media welcomed. 2D works must be framed. Plinths can be provided for 3D works but are not essential.
It is essential that you register your work in advance of the auction and by the advised dates so that we can publish the catalogue online two weeks before the date of the event.
- Please complete and return the submission form by Friday 15th June to the VAS Administrator by return email (preferred) to email@example.com or by post to 12 Rosevale Place, Edinburgh, EH6 8AP.
- Please attach a quality photograph of your artwork that we can use for the online catalogue and for publicity purposes. An image of your work must be provided, as ESSA will not be photographing works this year. If you do not provide an image your work will appear in the catalogue without one. Images should be in jpeg format at 72dpi with the longest edge being 28cm or 800 pix. Please title your work ‘YourSurname_ArtworkTitle.jpg’ (i.e. Munch_TheScream.jpg).
- Unless you would be prepared to donate the entire sale of your work to ESSA, 60% of the sale price will be retained by ESSA as commission. Please indicate on the submission form whether you are willing to donate your work or if you would like to receive 40% of the final sale price.
- Please indicate a guide price and reserve price on your submission form. The guide price will be for purchasers’ information only and should reflect what the work would normally sell for in a gallery. The reserve price is the lowest price you authorise us to sell the work at, bearing in mind that unless you choose to donate your work you will receive 40% of the final sale price.
- Weds 4th July, 10am – 5pm
- Please attach a permanent label to the back of your work with your name, address and phone number and the title of the artwork. These details should correspond with the details on your entry form.
- Please attach D-rings to the back of your work for hanging.
- Please include a printout of your submission form when you hand in your work.
- We are looking into the possibilities of collection and return points in Aberdeen, Dundee and Selkirk. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if this service would be of interest to you.
Hand-Back of unsold works and Collection of Purchased Works:
- Tuesday 10th July, 11am – 5pm